Monday, March 26, 2012

Missing Walking Dead? Try, Wanted: Dead or Undead






Stephen King has a term called “Ideal Reader”. The one person you write for. I am fortunate to have one of the best as my ideal reader, Angela Scott. Two years ago, we met at a writing meeting. We formed a critique group a while later, in which we are the only two remaining members. We are a little too opinioned, a bit too blunt, and a bit too determined for most people, I suppose. But, it works for us.

Angela didn’t start out that way. She was far too humble to admit her talent. During our first meeting, she pulled out a copy of her NaNoWriMo proof and said, “I’m good with this. All I want is a copy on my shelf to look at now and then.”

Thankfully, she didn’t know me well enough, at that point, because that wasn’t good enough for me.

There was no way I could allow someone with that much natural talent to hide. So, I pushed and soon, she pushed me back. And two years later, I am thrilled to say she has just published her first book called Wanted: Dead or Undead.

Who would’ve thought a dare—a writing exercise—would become a series? A fun, engaging series.

Not only is her writing tight. She creates great characters we root for and a story full of rich description without the fluff.

She has a lot in store for her characters and I can’t wait for the next book.

Check out the blurb from Amazon:

Trace Monroe doesn’t believe in luck. He never has. But when a fiery-headed cowgirl saunters through the saloon doors, wielding shotguns and a know-how for killing the living dead, he believes he just may be the luckiest man alive.

Trace wants to join Red’s posse, but she prefers to work alone—less messy that way. In order to become her travelling companion, Trace has to agree to her terms: no names, no questions, and if he gets bit, he can’t beg for mercy when she severs his brain stem.

He agrees, knowing only that Red is the sharpest shooter he’s ever encountered. The fact she’s stunning hasn’t escaped his attention either.

What he doesn’t know, is that Red has a very good reason to be on top of her game. She not only has the answer for how they can all outlive the plague taking over the wild, wild west, she IS the answer.

For one day only, Tuesday March 27, 2012, Evolved Publishing is offering several of their books for free. FREE!

Take the opportunity to check out their site HERE for a list of books and links to Amazon. 

Here is a direct link to Wanted: Dead or Undead

Also, check out Angela's writing blog with more information about her upcoming books whimsywritingandreading.weebly.com


7 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Dayummm sista. I'm reviewing this book on my blog today! We are in sync. We are from the same city. We have the same friend.

What does it all mean?

Next time you drop in on SLC I'd love to take you to a nice place to eat.

Angela warned me never to show you any of my writing though. She says you notice everything down to a comma on one page in ten thousand. :))

Rosemary Gemmell said...

What a great result from two people who weren't afraid of honest opinion. Although it's not a genre I normally read, that blurb caught me right away and I want to get to know these two characters!

Charmaine Clancy said...

Love the look of this book - will check it out!
Wagging Tales

Angela Scott said...

Thanks Diana! This was really nice of you, and you are not only an amazing friend, but one of the best and smartest writers out there.

Yes, she notices the missing commas, Michael, but it is such a good thing. She found things that my two editors missed--that's how incredible she is.

I love Diana because she has my back--and I couldn't imagine having a better person to do it.

MU-AH! Big hugs to you my bestest friend :)

So when is your book going to come out? Huh? Huh? You pushed me to go for it, so, my friend, you know I'm going to start pushing you.

You need this.

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats to Angela! The book looks awesome, even though I don't typically read westerns. I grabbed a copy. :)

Diana said...

@Mike, That's great you are posting too. We definately need to hook up next time in UT. I was with my husband last time and kids, so it's hard juggling schedules.

I am a freak when it comes to seeing errors like stupid commas. I remember how many times certain words are used throughout a book too. Unfortunately, I don't often see those simple mistakes in my own. :)

@Rosemary: I think you'd like it for the story within the story. Sure there are zombies but the love story between Trace and Red is great as well as the family Red finds.

@Charmaine: Hope you like it. Thanks for checking it out.

@ Angela: Ah, so sweet. Call me the comminator. ;) Super proud of you and as far as my stuff goes...we'll see.

@Cherie: I think you will be surprised by this one. Several of her reviewers are now on the western bandwagon.

J.L. Campbell said...

Where did Diana go?
I did read Wanted: Dead or Undead. Good book.